Things it is easy to do with a little baby around:
1. Read. Oh, it is delicious the way I can devour books while the little one nurses. One of the chief surprise pleasures of motherhood.
2. Walk. Not that I didn’t walk much before (I did), but carrying litle Reed around is a supreme excuse to haunt the sidewalks.
3. Wear kookey outfits. Because I’m too small for my maternity cloths and too big for my jeans. What fits fits.
5. Keep up with news and podcasts. Because he’s too little to say NPR bores him.
Things it is difficult to do with a little baby around:
1. All things that use more than one hand. Most notably: writing, e-mailing, blogging, cooking, and showering.